Sod Installation in the Louisville, KY & Jeffersonville, IN Areas
Establish a vibrantly green lawn in no time with our 1-day sod installation process.
Whether a recent construction left your yard full of soil, or a disease severely damaged your turf, you can easily establish a new lawn via sod. Our team at Lawn Works offers a sod installation service, and we can complete the installation in just 1 day! Our process consists of prepping the soil so your new grass can take root properly. We use fescue sod to turn your yard into a vibrantly green lawn as it is a cool-season grass that thrives in our area.
After our team installs the sod, we will teach you some ways to take care of it so it grows strongly. We offer our sod installation to commercial, residential, and HOA properties in the Louisville, Kentucky area as well as locations in Indiana like Jeffersonville and New Albany.
Our Sod Installation Process
Before our team rolls out the sod on your property, we always ensure the ground is prepped correctly so your new grass can take root properly. Our team has a 1-day sod installation process which means you'll have a green lawn before we leave your property! We follow a thorough process of preparing the soil and laying down the sod to achieve the best results. Our process includes:
- Removing existing grass - We remove any existing grass and debris left on your lawn. This ensures your sod will grow on a clean slate.
- Leveling the soil - Our team will level out the soil and, if necessary, do any grading. Installing the sod on properly leveled soil encourages the roots to grow deeper, and it looks better as well!
- Laying down the sod - Sod comes in pre-grown rolls, and we will roll it out like a carpet after preparing the ground.
- Checking our work - We will go over your lawn again to fill in any bare areas that we might have missed.
- Pressing down the sod - Our team uses a roller to press the sod down, ensuring it will start establishing and taking root into the soil.
What type of sod do we use for your new lawn?
In and around Louisville, KY and Jeffersonville, IN, beautiful fescue grass thrives. That is why our team uses fescue sod to help you establish your green lawn. Fescue is a low-maintenance cool-season grass that can tolerate heat and drought. This type of sod grows actively during the fall and spring when temperatures are cooler and the soil remains moist.
How can you take care of your newly installed sod?
After we've laid down your sod, the last thing we'll do before we leave your property is teach you how to take care of your newly installed lawn. Your sod will need to be constantly moist for the first 10 to 14 days, so we recommend watering it several times a day. It's also best to stay off your new lawn for about 14 days to allow the roots to develop. You should also wait for at least 14 days before mowing your grass for the first time.
The best time to water your newly installed sod is in the morning to maximize water absorption.
Give us a call today to schedule our sod installation service.
At Lawn Works, we can help you get a beautiful new lawn almost instantly with our sod installation service. We offer this service to residential, commercial, and HOA property owners in Louisville, KY as well as the Jeffersonville, New Albany, and Sellersburg, Indiana areas. Give us a call today at (812) 590-8864 to schedule our sod installation service.